Travelling is FUN especially if you travel with your family. But part of planning where to travel is the hassle of visa applications especially for those holding a passport that does not allow you visa-on-arrival. One being, the Philippines passport.
Though we do have some perks especially travelling to the ASEAN countries, heading west will take a little of work.
I have travelled with my family to Europe and USA as well and luckily for us, we have not experienced being rejected for a visa. I think the key really is ensuring you have all the required docs ready, be truthful during the interview and proof to support your travel financially.
Our last travel to Europe was in Italy about 6 years ago so applying visa for our upcoming travel was a bit of a work for me, especially that I now have to prepare applications for 3. 😉 Good thing though, as long as you complete the check-list, print all documents required and be there on the appointment time, the process will be smooth. Adding to this that VFS office accepts visa applications to most countries so there’s no need to visit the country consulate.
So I’m sharing with you the application process to give you an idea and tips for your next travel.
We applied Schengen visa via France since Paris will be our point of entry and will be spending more time during our travel. We will also be visiting Amsterdam and Brussels. I don’t take tour packages as I like to create my own itinerary and have my own time. 😉
Steps and Tips:
- Check the vfs website to review the requirements, steps and fees.
- Download and complete the visa application form.
- Ensure you have the right photo as per the requirement.
- Ensure you have at least 3 blank pages from your passport and validity of not less than 6 months.
- Print the checklist and ensure to compile your documents the same sequence as in the check-list form.
- Book an appointment – make sure you apply visa at least a month in advance as booking for an appointment may take some delays.
- You will have to pay a fee when booking for an appointment – AED 97.
- Once you set the appointment, you will receive a confirmation via sms and email. Make sure your print the booking confirmation as this is required on the day of your schedule.
- It helps to print all previous Schengen and US visas so make sure to always scan and keep a copy on your file of all the visas issued to you.
- Arrive at VFS 15 mins prior to appointment.
- They will take, review and verify all docs and may ask some questions.
- If you haven’t done fingerprinting prior to your Schengen visa application, you will have one taken there at VFS.
- Fee for the visa is AED 260 per adult and little less for child.
- If all is ok, you will be given a receipt for your visa application.
- You will receive sms and email once your visa is on process, on the way for delivery and when ready for collection.
- Total time of visa application takes less than 2 weeks.
That’s it! Easy-peasy!
The key is just follow the steps, requirements and checklists as required by the country you are going to apply visa from.
I will share on my next entry the DIY itinerary I made which will also include the accommodations booked.